Answered By: Ramie Millar Last Updated: Jun 27, 2017 Views: 620
There are different ways to determine if the library has a specific book in its collection.
Begin by using Library Search:
Library Search ( nearly everything )
If LibrarySearch doesn't work for you, then you can try the Library Catalog directly.
- Scroll down to the bottom left portion of the library’s homepage and locate the Finding Information column.
- Click on Books, E-Books and Video.
- Click on Millersville University Library Catalog.
- If you know the title of the book you are looking for, you can type the title in the Search the Library Catalog box and then click on the magnifying glass (The default search type is by title.)
- View and interpret your results.
- Let's say you are trying to find out if the library has a copy of Harry Potter
- You do a title search on Harry Potter and this is your results screen:
- The results screenshot shows books associated with the Harry Potter series.
- We can tell that one of these books is not available by checking the status information (circled in red). To see when the book is due back you can click on the title and get more information.
- Items that are available will inform you they are available and inform you of the collection and the call number associated with the title.
- Utilizing the Advanced Search will narrow down the series by author. For example, we can limit the Harry Potter results to only items written by J.K. Rowling.